Thursday, October 28, 2010

pumpkin moonshine

As I mentioned earlier, we're doing Halloween "lite" this year. No freakish gourds. No fancy carving patterns of haunted castles and vampire faces. No rows of mini pumpkins up and down the docks on the tops of pilings. And no Halloween party like we've done for years. But we got a special pumpkin delivery from our amazing neighbor SuperJen. Along with some homemade sqaush soup and cornbread (which I would have taken a photo of, but devoured instead)... she left us this.
So stinkin' sweet! SuperJen was with me when I went into labor and helped me walk up the dock to the boat between contractions. She said she went home and knit that up right away waiting for news.  :)
And then of course the one pumpkin we managed to carve... with a simple jack-o-latern face. I was worried the boy would be disappointed since normally we make a huge deal out of Halloween. But he beamed over his glowing gourd like it was a whole field of pumpkins. He stayed outside by the glow of the candle light way into the dark hours. "Mommy, I just LOVE my pumpkin moonshine!", he gushed (while reading the Tash Tudor book for the 100th time this month).  I was so relieved.
He wasn't worried about what we weren't doing, he was just so grateful for what we had. Another good lesson from my favorite teacher.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Pumpkin Moonshine is the best! And both of your pumpkins are adorable. :)

onegoldensun said...

What wonderful Halloween goodness. Congratulations on the birth of your little one. I just love the pumpkin hat!

mare said...

beautiful~ happy halloween!

Lily Boot said...

it looks like the perfect halloween - and what a sweetie Naia looks in her pumpkin hat.

giozi said...

Wow hut is cute. And your pumpkin great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...