Sunday, September 26, 2010

whoosh

That's the sound of my due date whizzing by.

GROAN. That's the sound of me standing. Or walking. Or laying down. Or moving at all. It all hurts.

Gurgle.  That's the sound of our overworked head as I use it once every 20 minutes or so.

Bump. That's the sound of this enormous belly of mine bumping in to every part of this boat. (followed by an "ugh".)

Ahhhhh. That's the sound of me drinking tea. One of my few pleasures at the moment.

BounceBounce. That's the sound of my sweet boy, not used to having a lump for a mom.

Grab & Giggle. That's the sound of the same boy taking the hand of any able bodied adult who happens up the dock and dragging them into a game of soccer or crabbing or chase or anything to be more active than that big lady sitting in the cockpit sipping her tea.

Shift & Scrub. That's the sound of my dear husband, not knowing quite what to do but wanting to do something. Wax the transome? Clean the guinea pig cage. Trying to feel useful until game time.

Whisper-tap. That's the sound of the fellas down in bed each night, telling stories and giggling together while I rock on the birth ball and try to make myself busy reading online and tapping at the keyboard.

Whoosh. GROAN. Gurgle. Bump (ugh). Ahhhhhh. Bounce Bounce. Grab & Giggle. Shift & Scrub. Whisper-tap.

17 comments:

Charlotte said...

Sending you lots of labor vibes! As ready as I'm sure you are - I hope you are enjoying these last times as a family of three :)

gardenmama said...

Oh, Honey : )
Wishing you comfort and peace in knowing your little babe will be here very soon! Big hugs xo (I feel for you sweet mama)

Joy said...

Hang in there Cindy! Not much longer now. I think all of us mamas remember those feelings well. I can't wait to meet your new little lady. :)

Molly Melnick said...

Love the descriptions of all that you are enduring. I SO know how youare feeling. I would have 50 kids if it were not for the whole making them from scratch situation. Good luck getting through.
Lisa

eringoodman said...

thinking of you and sending SO much love...

very, very soon mama.

xo

~erin

mare said...

sending lots of calm energy to you. thinking of you all! hang in there ~ cant wait for THE post with her news!! :-)

Anna said...

Crossing fingers and hoping that your wait will soon be over. It's good that you have a sense of humor about all of this -- the last few weeks are never fun.

mb said...

i'd send the good labor induction mojo your way but i had a stow away for 20 extra days. due date, schmoo date. so instead, i will say, i know your pain (whoosh is about right, i remember that sound.) and here's a hug (((cindy))) and a virtual cup of tea. :)

Denise said...

Long time reader (and fellow MDCer and sailor) delurking to send some vibes your way. We're thinking about you here and hope that the "wha, wha" of a baby crying is a sound that's not too far off.

Sarah said...

Sometimes, I think it would be best if we never had due dates. Just remeber they can't stay in there forever! I've been thinking about you and hope you are enjoying the calm before the storm.

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

hang in there. ommmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

And the next sound you will hear is Waaaaahhhhhh! as she enters this world :)

Red Charlotte said...

Past your due date means less than two weeks now. Your little Libra baby will be here soon!

Laura and Hans said...

I so feel your pain. Each of my three was overdue! But I have to admit, I wasn't living on a boat.

Lara said...

It's a miserable waiting game! I have 4 weeks to deliver but I always go a week over so make that 5. Five miserable weeks left but soon we'll both be holding our sweet babies. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

beautiful sweet sounds- oh oh I remember that place- my Silas taught me every bit of 43.5 weeks of patience! hugs mama!

Lake Effect :: Sara said...

Many Birth Blessings your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...